It is impossible to imagine the absence of fieldbuses (e.g. Profibus or Foundation Fieldbus) in industrial automation. A fieldbus provides you with the possibility to collect more data in a flexible and cost-effective manner.
By involving IAP at an early stage during the set-up of the fieldbus system, some aspects can be taken into consideration, such as: controlling batch processes requires specific knowledge in the field of process automation. Knowledge of standards such as S88 and a broad experience in this area are just a few conditions necessary to implement an application successfully.
- Which fieldbus system will be applied?
- How must the field bus be physically installed?
- What does my power distribution look like?
- Which design criteria should be taken into account in case of hazardous area’s?
- What kind of network would I like to use (fibre optic, redundancy, ring)?
- How do I incorporate the safety (SIL) integration?
- Which components am I going to apply?
- How will this application be tested?
You will prevent unpleasant surprises during the implementation of your project by mobilizing the experience of IAP in this field.