Controlling batch processes requires specific knowledge in the area of process automation. Knowledge of standards such as S88 and a broad experience in this field are a prerequisite to implement an application successfully.
By involving IAP engineers at an early stage in the project, questions can be answered such as:
- Does the process design comply with the automation requirements?
- How does the process need to be segmented?
- How does my installation function optimally in reference to S88?
- How can I standardize my batch building blocks? [e.g. a dosage]
- What is the construction of the different recipes?
- What to do in case of a “fault” batch?
- How to treat FDA?